In other words, China is not leaving matters to chance but taking proactive action. Maybe the Chinese leaders have read and internalised Dale Carnegie’s How to Win Friends and Influence People (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Win_Friends_and_Influence_People) or even Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seven_Habits_of_Highly_Effective_People).
On the other hand, maybe China has heard of the saying: “Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.” and since everyone can at some time be a friend or a foe, China wants to keep close with everyone.
By the way, if your country is not one of those listed, either I missed an article OR you better start worrying.
China is making or re-establishing relationships or alliances in 2013 with:
- December: Pakistan; United Kingdom; Taiwan; USA; France; South Korea; Iran; Thailand; Kenya; Cambodia; Palestine; Bolivia; Malaysia, Saudi Arabia; Tanzania; Vietnam; Germany:, Russia.
- November: France; Laos; Croatia; Micronesia, Samoa, Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu, the Cook Islands, Tonga, Niue and Fiji; Brazil; Argentina; Hungary; Indonesia; Romania; France
- October: Indonesia; Malaysia; Brunei, Thailand, Vietnam; Taiwan; Bangladesh; Singapore; Russia; India; Israel; Mongolia; Turkey
- September: Mexico; Belorussia; Turkmenistan; Kazakhstan; Uzbekistan; Kyrgyzstan; Tajikistan; Sri Lanka; Finland; Mongolia, Taiwan; Nigeria; Indonesia; Bangladesh; Ukraine; Venezuela; France; Romania; Russia; Vietnam; Afghanistan; Nigeria
- August: Malaysia, Laos & Vietnam; Malaysia; Thailand; Kenya; Jamaica; Argentina: Sudan; Russia; Sudan; Serbia; Pakistan; Indonesia
- July: Costa Rica; South Africa; South Korea; Turkmenistan; Venezuela; Kazakhstan; Seychelles; Cuba; North Korea
- June: Trinidad & Tobago; Costa Rica; Mexico; Cuba; Russia; Vietnam; Myanmar; Brazil; Nepal; Surinam; Congo; South Korea; Sudan
- May: Indonesia; Palestine, Israel; South Africa; Cambodia; Brunei; Senegal; India; Vietnam; Venezuela; Argentina; Russia; Ireland; Greece; India, Pakistan, Switzerland, Germany; Sri Lanka; Thailand, Ethiopia; Israel; Uruguay; Singapore; Fiji
- April: Canada; Algeria; Brunei; Mexico; ; Zambia; Thailand; Cambodia; Taiwan; Peru; Australia; Finland; New Zealand; France; USA; Iceland; Nepal; South Sudan, Kyrgyzstan; Italy
- March: Ivory Coast; Laos; Venezuela; USA; Tanzania; Russia; Zanzibar; UAE; South Africa, Republic of Congo;
- February: Malaysia; South Africa; Taiwan; Brunei
- January: Russia, France, Portugal, Indonesia, India, Macedonia; Thailand; Myanmar; Kyrgyzstan; South Korea; Cambodia; Brunei; Mongolia